Corporate (Buying Entity) Membership Criteria & Process
- Applicant agrees to promote the general development of minority-owned business in the community.
- Applicant pays such annual dues as may be set by the Board of Directors.
- Applicant subscribes to the development of minority business and agrees to undertake the establishment of a minority business development program in its company.
- Applicant agrees to report its business activity with minority owned businesses on a confidential basis to the Council. These results will be published in aggregate for all member companies.
- Applicant agrees to designate a primary contact for the Council and shall attempt to participate and send appropriate representatives to a majority of all the Council's events.
- Membership is open to all buying entities.
- Membership is renewable annually.
The SFMSDC is committed to creating a business environment that promotes and expands access and opportunity for minority owned businesses and profitable business relationships between SFMSDC Certified Suppliers and Buying Entity Partners.
The Southern Florida Minority Supplier Development Council facilitates business relationships, procurement and contract opportunities among SFMSDC Certified Suppliers and SFMSDC Buying Entity Partners. The Council also strongly advocates MBE to MBE spend.